In person participants in the Everyday Zen Sesshin 2023 at Santa Sabina agree to:
- Undergo Lucira testing for Covid on the day of arrival to the sesshin. Tests will be provided, and may be administered, by volunteers of Everyday Zen. *
- Wear a properly fitting mask indoors. Presenters may unmask while speaking. Masking requirements may change with viral transmission conditions. Participants will be notified of such changes.
- Complete a contact information sheet for Santa Sabina.
* Bay Area attendees may be able to test at home in advance of arrival at Santa Sabina. Information on this will be available at in-person Dharma Seminar in March.
Fees & Accommodations
Fees for sesshin cover the direct costs of room and board at Santa Sabina and are therefore not tax-deductible. Of necessity, the cost of Lucira testing for Covid has been included in the Santa Sabina fee.
- Single rooms: $1,230 (a limited number will be available)
- Double rooms: $1,080 (arrangements with a specific partner supported but not required)
In addition, for credit card transactions, the processing fee will be added to the cost of registration. Otherwise, Everyday Zen loses money on each registration. If you prefer to not incur the banking fee, you will be able to select to pay by check on checkout.
Unfortunately, due to safety considerations, our traditional oryoki meal forms cannot be supported by the center at this time. Meals will be vegetarian but vegan options will not be available.
In addition to the fee for room and board, please consider making a separate donation to Everyday Zen. This donation will be for Norman and his teachings and for the administrative costs of organizing and offering this sesshin. The link for dana will be available as the last step of the registration process.
Dana for practice discussion with senior teachers during sesshin can be arranged directly with senior teachers.
Access to Santa Sabina is restricted to those who have undergone Lucira testing for Covid, as provided by the EDZ Covid testing group, and tested negative.
Please plan to arrive between 3:00 and 4:30 on Monday, March 27, in order to be tested for Covid. Those awaiting testing and test results and will be asked to wait in their car. Those without a car may wait in the cloister, a covered space with seating that accommodates social distancing.
Santa Sabina is not able to accommodate arrivals earlier than 3 pm on Monday, March 27 or departures later than 2 pm on Sunday, April 2.
More detail on the arrival and testing process will be provided in an email to attendees several days before the start of sesshin.